I read a post today about a girl’s inability to decipher crush/love signs and the incredible stress that resulted from her overthinking.
I love overthinking as much as the next guy (just ask me!), but I don’t understand why people choose to play games and beat around the bush instead of coming out with their true feelings.
By games, I don’t mean flirting (flirting is great). I mean:
1. hot/cold treatment
2. hiding your feelings by being anything BUT nice/warm to your crush
3. flirting with someone in front of your crush to see if you can make your crush jealous enough to make the first move (so aggressively passive-aggressive!)
I don’t have time for those games.
Well, I understand why people don’t share their true feelings. I used to be more passive than active when it came to pursuing relationships. I didn’t like vulnerability or the risk of rejection. But I changed once I realized things don’t just fall in your lap. You have to try. Forget the tradition of one person being expected to make the first move— you make the first move, guy or girl. If you want it, go get it, and pursue it at a level appropriate for the situation. Don’t organize a flash mob if she prefers
more any subtlety.
(Or maybe you should, what do I know?)
If I like you, I’m going to tell you and we’ll take it from there. You may not feel the same way I do. I’ll have to get over it. On the other hand, you might share my feelings— and we could use that overthinking-energy for something more productive.
- asaltytripwithpepper reblogged this from lotus-eyes
- theblackstallion reblogged this from csebastian
- aryapatole reblogged this from lotus-eyes
- rajputa likes this
- purveyor likes this
- lilacevening likes this
- misomesha likes this
- lotus-eyes reblogged this from csebastian and added:
- pukapuka reblogged this from csebastian
- carmaluna said: Wait, Chris, you’re actually the best. Also I will be in Dallas on the 29th, and I think Emma will be too.
- carmaluna likes this
- carolinemarie likes this
- sarah-arnett likes this
- sarah-arnett reblogged this from csebastian and added:
- yougojenncoco likes this
- stripedescapadesbyjepps likes this
- lotus-eyes said: yes!
- tiiigerstyle said: Hahahah point taken. =)
- tiiigerstyle likes this
- mangiferin likes this
- trading-places said: there is always a truth behind a ‘just kidding’
- fatbrides likes this
- lemonylace likes this
- wraiths likes this
- csebastian posted this