I made a lot of progress on my website redesign this week. I have some structural and cosmetic changes to add, but the idea is here.
Click each image to zoom.
1. Home: The type fits perfectly, but I don’t feel comfortable using the word “in” until school starts. Expect a temporary rephrase until July.
2. Biography: The actual copy is a few years old, so I’ll rewrite my bio before the redesign is published.
3. Bucket list: Cate, shoot me an email.
4. Portfolio: My current site uses a drop-down menu. This index sidesteps it.
5. Example of a portfolio page: Pieces are arranged more logically in the redesign.
6. Example of a modal window: Instead of creating dozens of individual pages (and modifying them x-times later), I wrote modal windows into the design. I can describe each piece in a few lines and be done with it. The background becomes a mildly-opaque white during presentation.
7. Pattern display: One of my favorite things about my current website is the way my patterns are displayed. I kept the idea and made it cleaner in the redesign.
8. Resume: Self-explanatory. I’ve already added this update to my current website, but it’s under a different style.
9. Other: I simplified my “other sites” page in the redesign— all type, no photos.